Thursday 5 March 2015

Liverpool pt1...

Trying to do something during CAPA break week...but I have a class Friday... so it could only be a mini break... and so the Bristol and Liverpool plan!

Two days in Liverpool... just finished day one... Got into town around noon... it's nice to not have to get everything seen in one day... I'm not leaving at 8pm! So I tracked down this ridiculous touristy cafe... Central Perk. I love it when I *know* I'm at a tourist trap (a random one... why Liverpool??) and yet I still love it! And I got my first cappuccino since Lentish... I'm back on caffeine!! They had a script for "The One with the Sweater" signed by the cast (Ah Chandler and Phoebe!!) and episodes playing in the background... and an orange couch of course!! Just sat there and watched the one where Rachael has the baby and gets engaged to Joey... Couldn't stop myself...didn't wanna!! Janice cameo!!

On down to the Docks... (All docks are gentrified now, in my experience.) There are several museums and restaurants and all that... and the weather was much like Bristol... Cold as omg and sunny! So I took a bunch of photos too... C:

The museums were the Museum of the International Slave Trade (or something like that) and the Maritime Museum for Titanic stuff and the Tate Liverpool. It's interesting... the UK is spending some decent time reporting and recording it's history with slavery... how all that wealth really happened... Seems always connected to Docklands and that area. London has a good exhibit at the Museum of London Docklands...and there was something at Bristol... and now here. My fave part of this one I think was the stuff about the original history of Africa... That part was different from the others and I felt like I learned something.

The Titanic left from Liverpool... Woops!! It was also a good display... As was the Tate, small and modern art which I'm just not sophisticated enough for... but there were a couple that grabbed me and a lone Picasso... C:

Then after some Melville honoring wandering about, I went to the top Yelp rated vegetarian restaurant in town: Egg Cafe... they served more than eggs!! C:

Then I had to do something during the evening...since I'm here during the evening... I got a ticket for Mamma Mia for £10... Omg that's cheaper than Rolla!! What a fun show!! Yes I danced... C: I get why it's so popular!! Really, it's up there with Woman in Black for sheer fun (if different).

And now I'm getting ready to get rested up for tomorrow. When I will do all the Beatles stuff!! C:

No comments:

Post a Comment