Sunday 29 March 2015

Wembley

It was another one of my goals in this trip to see some kind of game at Wembley... and CAPA actually had an excursion day I could sign up for! Yay!! It was a rugby match between the Saracens and Harlequins... I was told to root for the Sarries. ;)

I needn't have bothered... they won handily. I spent some of my time wandering the halls and looking at the memorabilia and merchandise. Ended up getting a key chain to add to my collection. (I have too many collections.) Also there was a Pre game show by a lady called Pixie Something... I had no idea who she was... and the stadium sound meant I still have no idea what the songs were.

The game was apparently a big deal tho, something called Derby Day. The stadium had 85,000 attendees... which sounds like a lot to me!! Lots of kids in their rugby kits.

In addition, the game wasn't terribly hard to follow. A touchdown is called a try and worth 5 pts. The point after is worth 2. And instead of field goals they have penalty kicks worth 3 pts... And there's no sets of downs... just go until the other team steals the ball and then they go and so forth. Lots of injury timeouts tho.

Final score if I remember correctly was 28 to 14...

The next treat for the day was dinner and a wander around Ikea... There was one within (barely) walking distance of the stadium. And they had veggie dogs!! I love London! The Ikea in CA doesn't have veggie options in their meals. So instead of having a L15 burger at the stadium, I had hot dog, fries, a drink, and an ice cream for L 2.50. C:

I walked around the showroom but of course didn't buy anything. I don't want to deal with packing stuff obviously. But I got some filter coffee and snacks for later. And I got to play sitting on the couches and drooling over shelves and such... C:

Today is Oxford day... So another fun one coming... C:

No comments:

Post a Comment