Wednesday 14 January 2015

British Gothic

So the theme of today (really yesterday) was apparently a cross between British imperialism and the gothic. Can you see the link? Because I didn't have much of a problem catching it.

There's just something about Britain having the treasures of Greece and Egypt and elsewhere and playing a major game of Finders Keepers that you can't help but feel weird about. Still, it is just awesome to see the Rosetta Stone!! I seriously got shivers. C:

So then I decided to take pictures (over on Facebook) of the various cats I saw there... in honor of my beasts at home. I hope they're doing ok!! (Them I miss...maybe all that I do in fact.) I figured all the postcard shots are already on postcards. This was my angle. C:

Then across the street to the British Library for their special exhibit on Terror and the Gothic. A very good exhibit. I had fun looking at manuscripts of Jane Eyre and fun stuff like that. Then at the Poe display I almost gagged. I overheard a couple of biddies telling each other in posh British about Poe's mysterious death. Not a fact of which they got right. I teach this same thing every semester...I have the facts ingrained in my muscle memory. It was seriously all I could do not to say anything. So I quickly left!!

I also checked out one of the top coffee shops in London: Kaffeine. I had a coffee flight: shot of espresso, a liquid made of steeping the coffee leaves like a tea that is used as a palate cleanser, then a latte. It was caffeine heaven. Any coffee freaks that come out to visit will have to go here!!!!

And now onto Wednesday. And actually getting some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment