Wednesday 21 January 2015

Teaching and Eating

So funny! I taught two fun classes today...and had meals associated with both. Then I went out for dinner *after*. A fun Vietnamese place for lunch. British pub for tea, apparently. And Chinese for dinner... Omg I'm gonna have to do a *ton* of walking tomorrow!!!

Classes went great! Walked to Mark Twain's house from when he lived here in the 1890s as my intro to the Twain class. Then a tour of a couple local grocery stores and a British pub for the gastropub version of fish and chips if they wanted-- and most did-- for the Global Foods class. The students all seem excited and doing interested things here and back in the States... I'm looking forward to a busy whirlwind of a fun semester!!!

I have been preparing for this first class for ages...and right up through last night... So I am totally exhausted! I wonder if this will just be the norm for the post - class evenings?

More work planned for tomorrow...yay! Back to the British Library for more Twain work... Squee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment