Tuesday 6 January 2015

Really damp


Ok... I finally got a little of that proper British rain everyone knows about (even me). It took a good week tho, so I consider myself lucky!!

I also had my first disappointing tourist day today...dunno if the two conditions are related... ;-)

Natural History Museum was fine...if you're five. But I have already seen pictures of giraffes and stuffed alligators. In fact, I've seen some alive. Who does this kind of thing appeal to? Must be those same 5 year olds... And I saw a section of a sequoia redwood on display and it made me so sad. A thousand year old tree? Sure cut it down as a curiosity. A weird museum for sure!

Still it's a lovely Victorian building...

And then the weather cleared...I had a meeting with my CAPA coworkers that was fun...  I'm happy for the students coming out. They're staying in a more fun neighborhood than I had thought. And there will be so much stuff going on through CAPA over the semester! My fingers are crossed for a discount day trip to Stratford-upon-Avon later this semester! Even I've never been!!!

And so a quiet day... Here's to a crazy tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment