Monday 5 January 2015

To Market. To Market.

So, Portobello Market was definitely the highlight of the day! And I will be back…often! Everything I never knew I wanted to buy until I saw it all!!!



I did realize that I don't have to buy all my souvenirs today, though, so I managed to get through relatively unscathed. A girl does have to eat, though, and I saw this awesome veggie place right on Portobello Rd… totally reminded me of Asian Rose from old Santa Cruz days. And that is a HUGE compliment!!

After lunch, I found all the stuff I DO need, cleaning supplies. There was a place on Portobello Rd called Pound benders or busters or something like that which is the UK equivalent of the US dollar store. It was everything I needed in an expensive place like London…and I don't care who knows it!! And everything there really was just a pound, too. Best of all, at the check out lines I found my first Cadbury biscuits of this trip. Swoon!! I'd almost forgotten how much I loved these! And now I know where you live… ;)

Returned to a museum to check it out for teaching a class there in a couple of weeks…met the staff at CAPA (look at me, so grown up and working)… and had a coffee at my current fave coffee shop--an Italian chain called Caffe Nero. Nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment