Sunday 4 January 2015

Domestic tourism

Weird/random day. I woke up to the church bells across the way. It wasn't quiet by any means…but it was pleasant. I had been meaning to wake up around then, anyway! I can't wait to hear the rehearsals I've been reading about… and I suppose I should check that church out sometime, too!

The intention was to go to Holland Park finally and maybe check out the Kyoto Garden. Maybe hit a market…just have a local, fun kind of day. Instead, I saw that the Geffrye was having a holiday themed exhibit that ended today… So I rode those rails (actually double-decker bus) out… That ending earlier than I thought, I considered hitting up the National Gallery-- Instead, at the bus transfer I saw a sign pointing to the London Museum… so I thought I'd wander over that way. In the process I walked right past St. Paul's, and saw Big Ben in the distance… The bus took me past Piccadilly, Trafalgar, Oxford St… all kinds of fun spots of spectacle… It turned into a domestically-focused museum day (London and London interiors) with some gawking thrown into the mix. And maybe I'll get to Holland Park tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment